Below we will explain its use for the free version and the membership version:
Free Gantt Chart
To develop the Gantt Chart in the free version, you must do:
- Add or delete activities with the “+” and “-“ buttons. At least you must have 2 activities and at most you can add 50 activities.
- Enter the description data, start date and duration (integers and days). If we do not enter the description, the letter of the activity will represent the diagram.
- Finally, we click on the graph, and the Gantt Chart will be generated at the bottom. The activities will be ordered according to the shortest start time.
- You will also be able to view the data of the start date, end and total duration of the project.
Gantt Chart Pro Version
To make the Gantt schedule with our membership version, you must follow the following steps:
- Select the data to use to generate our graph:
- Method to enter the time of the activities: enter start date and end date or enter start date and duration.
- Time unit. They enable it only when you select “start date and duration” in the previous point. The units of time available are: hours, days, weeks and months (30 days).
- Relationship between activities. Shows if the exercise includes related activities.
- According to the choices made, the table will be generated where the data will be entered. The calculator accepts up to 50 activities.
- We can enter durations in decimal numbers or fractions. For example, 1 hour 30 minutes I can enter it as 1.5 hours.
- Click on graph to view our Gantt chart.
- You can change the graph directly by dragging the progress percentage and the duration of the activity.
- You can adjust the graph view by selecting the buttons at the bottom.
- At the bottom will be shown the data of the start date, end and total duration of the project.
- You can also download the Gantt chart in the “Save Image” button.
Relationship between the start date, end date and duration:
It is important to explain the relationship of start date, end date and duration; so you can understand how the application performs the calculations. The existing relationship is:
End Date = Start Date + Duration
In this way, for example, if an activity has a start date = 01/15/2021 00:00 and has a duration of 1 day. The end date would be = 01/16/2021 00:00.
When we work with hours, we can select the exact date and time each activity starts. For the other time units, when selecting the date, 00:00 hours will be taken as the start time.
Make a Gantt chart with the following data:
||Define kickoff meeting
||Determine the requirements
||Final resource plan
||Client User Interface
The free Gantt Chart version does not have options to add progress percentage or dependencies, so the graph would be:
In our membership version you will be able to include the precedence relationships and the progress percentages, leaving our Gantt chart like this:
Remember that you can change the view of the diagram with the buttons at the bottom. This is how the weekly view would be:
Creating a simple Gantt chart online from now on will be very simple thanks to this application and remember that with access to our membership you will be able to increase its functionalities.