Find the optimal solution in linear programming exercises with our Simplex Method Online Calculator, which will allow you to develop maximization and minimization problems with the normal method and applying the two-phase method when appropriate. Our tool has a friendly and easy-to-use design. It also shows us all the intermediate steps that are needed to reach the final solution, which will facilitate your learning.
Simplex Method Calculator - Free Version
Want to see the details of each iteration calculation?
Join our membership and get full access to the Simplex Method Calculator – Two Phase with explanations for each calculation performed.
How to use the simplex method online calculator
To use our tool you must perform the following steps:
- Enter the number of variables and constraints of the problem.
- Select the type of problem: maximize or minimize.
- Enter the coefficients in the objective function and the constraints. You can enter negative numbers, fractions, and decimals (with point).
- Click on “Solve”.
- The online software will adapt the entered values to the standard form of the simplex algorithm and create the first tableau.
- Depending on the sign of the constraints, the normal simplex algorithm or the two-phase method is used.
- We can see step by step the iterations and tableaus of the simplex method calculator.
- In the last part will show the results of the problem.
We have considered for our application to solve problems with a maximum of 20 variables and 50 restrictions; this is because exercises with a greater number of variables would make it difficult to follow the steps using the simplex method. For problems with more variables, we recommend using other more advanced tools.
Using our calculator, we are certain you’ll be better prepared to learn the simplex method. Don’t forget that we have more linear programming calculators available for you.
You must remember the objective of this tool is the learning of the simplex method and the application of the two-phase method, so the use that you can give it is only under your responsibility. Also, we are not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in the results.
If you have questions about it or find an error in our application, we will appreciate if you can write to us on our contact page.